The cancer is already at Stage 4, which is not good, but thats the hand I been dealt with. I don't bother looking at the statistics since I know they don't apply directly to me. If anything, I feel the successful side of the statistics are probably more representative of me, being a young 33, active and healthy man who doesn't smoke, no longer drinks alcohol, and holds a stubborn attitude about being sick.
When laying out a course for treatment, I knew it began with me and the power of self healing. With the aid and knowledge of the healers in my family and the guidance of my family doctor, Dr. Sodhi, I went totally vegan with my diet and concentrated on foods that would both fight the cancer as well as alkalize my body environment. My history of high uric acid and bouts of gout probably provided the foundation for the cancer to take root. I would change the course of my diet temporarily to deal with the high uric acid and gout attacks, but never go far enough to treat the cause beyond the symptoms. That has all changed now. I had to get radical and not look back.
I researched my options, read or skimmed several good books, and again with the suggestion of certain family members, my dad and cousin Ishi, went to the Biomedical (Hoxsey) Clinic in Tijuana, Mexico. The clinic is known for the Hoxsey Tonic and the supportive diet. In later posts, I will go more into detail about my experience at the clinic and the cancer surviving patients that I met. In short, the good doctors at this clinic recommended I start the tonic and go home and start chemo. With no history before the diagnosis and the advanced stage it is in, there was no time to wait and see if the tonic could do it alone, it was going to be a joint venture.
So I have begun my Chemo treatments two weeks ago at the Seattle Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center. I had my second treatment on Friday, they are always on Friday for me. I am on a combination of Carboplatin and Taxol, of course, I am given an assorment of premeds prior to the chemo cocktail. The combination of the chemo cocktail and premeds leave me a bit of an insomniac the first couple of nights. However, by Monday, everything catches up and I can barely stay awake through the day. I am going to work on getting the best sleep I can on Sunday nights to help make the Mondays go better. Beyond that, I don't feel any other side effects, yet. I also got my first acupuncture treatment with Darin at the wellness center. It was a nice experience allowing me full relaxation while the chemo dripped into my veins. We worked on my immune system and to alleviate the pain I felt in my neck and left shoulder. The pain has been minimal since.
So I am on my way...
When laying out a course for treatment, I knew it began with me and the power of self healing. With the aid and knowledge of the healers in my family and the guidance of my family doctor, Dr. Sodhi, I went totally vegan with my diet and concentrated on foods that would both fight the cancer as well as alkalize my body environment. My history of high uric acid and bouts of gout probably provided the foundation for the cancer to take root. I would change the course of my diet temporarily to deal with the high uric acid and gout attacks, but never go far enough to treat the cause beyond the symptoms. That has all changed now. I had to get radical and not look back.
I researched my options, read or skimmed several good books, and again with the suggestion of certain family members, my dad and cousin Ishi, went to the Biomedical (Hoxsey) Clinic in Tijuana, Mexico. The clinic is known for the Hoxsey Tonic and the supportive diet. In later posts, I will go more into detail about my experience at the clinic and the cancer surviving patients that I met. In short, the good doctors at this clinic recommended I start the tonic and go home and start chemo. With no history before the diagnosis and the advanced stage it is in, there was no time to wait and see if the tonic could do it alone, it was going to be a joint venture.
So I have begun my Chemo treatments two weeks ago at the Seattle Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center. I had my second treatment on Friday, they are always on Friday for me. I am on a combination of Carboplatin and Taxol, of course, I am given an assorment of premeds prior to the chemo cocktail. The combination of the chemo cocktail and premeds leave me a bit of an insomniac the first couple of nights. However, by Monday, everything catches up and I can barely stay awake through the day. I am going to work on getting the best sleep I can on Sunday nights to help make the Mondays go better. Beyond that, I don't feel any other side effects, yet. I also got my first acupuncture treatment with Darin at the wellness center. It was a nice experience allowing me full relaxation while the chemo dripped into my veins. We worked on my immune system and to alleviate the pain I felt in my neck and left shoulder. The pain has been minimal since.
So I am on my way...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home