James vs Lung Cancer

This is the unfolding of my story on a non-smoker fighting lung cancer. My medical team consists of Dr. Virender Sodhi of the Ayurvedic & Naturopathic Medical Clinic, Dr. Nick Chen, Dr. Mark Gignac & Nurse Jessica of the Seattle Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center, Dr. Alexander Sytman of Seattle Cardiology, and Dr. Ruben Trujillo of the Bio-Medical Clinic in Tijuana, Mexico. Beth is my wife and the focus of my healing. And all of you are my healers.

Sunday, November 13, 2005

A little bit on the Biomedical Clinic, Tijuana, Mexico.

Before getting started on chemo, I went to the Biomedical (Hoxsey) Clinic in Tijuana for one last opinion and treatment option. My cousin Ishi had been insistent that I go check it out and touted the Hoxsey tonic as a must needed therapy. My dad, Jim, was convinced as well and urged me to check it out. If there was an option to not doing chemo and turning this disease around with natural therapies, it was worth a look.

So Ishi, her daughter Olivia, and I flew down to San Diego where we met up with our dear family friend, healer, and spiritual advisor, Marty. I had been in communication with Marty discussing my situation. Marty was real concerned for me and had scheduled business in Los Angeles so was able to come down and meet me and head to the clinic to help me evaluate what I was about to hear.

We got into San Ysidro on a Tuesday night, stayed at a hotel that runs shuttles to the Biomedical Clinic, as well as other clinics and dentists. We got up Wednesday morning and headed over to the shuttle pick up area. While waiting for the shuttle, we met a couple who were headed to the clinic for a checkup. The husband had been dealing with cancer, which one I can't recall, and had been having success with the tonic. They also talked about their dog getting treated and cured of tumor growths by using a much smaller dose of the tonic. They were sincere and quite believable. So we all caught the shuttle and headed to the clinic.

The clinic sits on top of this hill over looking Tijuana. The clinic building was quite impressive and had an amazing and beautiful view of Tijuana with San Diego in the distant. The clinic was quite modern and clean. Everyone spoke good english and all the paper work was in english as well. I gave the nurse all my medical records that I had brought, which was everything, and then I was led to a dressing room and given a gown, then a cup to pee in. I was then given a long questionnaire on my medical history and sent to the waiting room to fill it out. I returned the paper work and waited until called. While waiting, I met an assortment of patients ailing from all types of cancers and many of them either were improving, had improved and doing checkups, or have been cancer free for many years but sticking to the tonic and supportive diet to prevent reoccurrences or even new cancers from past chemo and radiation treatments. I met a couple of middle aged ladies from the midwest. One had been cured of breast cancer by coming to the Biomedical clinic and the other was convinced by her cured friend to start treatment. I told them my story and they praised my decision to come here. I met a middle aged guy from Alberta, Canada, who had mestastized prostate cancer several years ago. He said it was bad and he had to have both chemo and radiation. He said he went into the U.S. thinking he had more options and better care quality. He said he was on chemo for several months, maybe more than a year if I recall correctly, and had several radiation treatments. He said the chemo and radiation got him real sick and still didn't stop the cancer. He was eventually told there was nothing more that they could do for him and sent him home to die in 3-6 months. He said he wasn't going to do that yet and heard about the clinic and came down. He said that was over 5 years ago and he is now living cancer free. He said his PSA count increased over the last couple of months and is now back to restart the tonic and diet until the PSA numbers decrease to normal range. He also praised me for coming to the clinic before starting any treatment.

I was called into to see Dr. Ruben Trujillo for consultation. Dr. Trujillo came across as quite intelligent, well researched, and very caring. We went through the records and talked about my lifestyle and medical history. He then said he was concerned about not knowing how quickly the cancer is spreading since we know nothing before the diagnosis. He said we can't wait around to see how quickly its spreading and so I would need to start the tonic and diet and go home to start chemo. He felt the cancer was too close to my heart to wait on this. He said the tonic would be a big supporter to the chemo and could possibly help me to stay a little healthier while getting treated. He asked me come back in 3 months, with new records and scans, and we will review options based on the current results. He gave comfort that he has had patients worse off who are now living cancer free lives. But he was also realistic in saying that the tonic is not 100% and that I would need to stay to the strict diet and take a lot of the healing into my own hands. I felt good with his consultation and Marty was impressed. We had thought they might be so radical with the tonic that they would say do that only and nothing else. We were wrong, Dr. Trujillo truly cared and only told me what he felt was in my best interest. After the consultation, many of the patients I met were meeting me to find out was I was told. I told them what Dr. Trujillo said and some of them were stunned. Not only were they shocked that I was told to also do chemo, but they, like Marty and I, thought this place was a tonic only clinic. Everyone I talked to ended up feeling even better and maybe a bit more confident in the clinic.

While waiting around the rest of the day for other patients to finish up so the shuttle could take us all back to the hotel, I met a couple of other patients and talked experiences with them. I met a couple from nearby Yelm, Washington. She had a couple pea sized brain tumors. She was told that surgery could leave her mentally and physically challenged and they both weren't into the chemo and radiation. His brother, who is a smoker, had been on the tonic for stage 2 lung cancer and had been having success, without giving up the smokes. So they came down for early options. I kinda hope to see them again in 3 months so that I can get their names and maybe keep in contact. They live just an hour away and I am curious on learning more about his brother's lung cancer and how the tonic is working for him. The diet does specify not using any tobacco, or caffiene and certainly not any alcohol. We are told that vinegar and tomatoes interfere with the herbs in the tonic so they are eliminated from the diet and I suspect the tobacco, caffiene and alcohol are things we can do without and help us stay detoxified during the healing process. It's really so easy, I don't use tobacco, I wasn't really a drinker, and I quit caffiene after getting diagnosed and starting the alkalizing process in my body. Vinegar and tomatoes have presented a challenge but Beth and I have been working around it just fine. But I still get that urge for a hot cup of French Roast creamed with Silk soy creamer and a teaspoon of raw surgar. (Sigh) Maybe in 5 years....

So at about 5 PM, we grabbed the shuttle back and stopped at a couple of pharmacies to pick up meds. Getting back across the border took about 20 minutes and we were back at the hotel were I laid down from exhaustion. I thumbed through the TV and found Dr. Andrew Weil on Larry King. I watched the interview and listened to Dr. Weils advice on diet and nutrition. We were able to catch an earlier flight out the next day and got back to Seattle around 4 PM. It was nice to be home. I read all the directions on the tonic use and preparation. I got started on the tonic and that Friday started chemo. I expect to go back to the clinic around mid to late January. Its easy to be skeptical about the efficacy of this tonic but talking to the people I have, I believe this tonic is one more tool in the toolbelt and that my healing process must involve this tonic and diet. After 3 weeks of use, I have noticed some changes in body and I feel for the better. I shared these changes with Dr. Chen during last Fridays appointment and he wanted me to write down everything about this tonic and how I support it so he can keep in my file. I think he is interested as well and is watching closely...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home