James vs Lung Cancer

This is the unfolding of my story on a non-smoker fighting lung cancer. My medical team consists of Dr. Virender Sodhi of the Ayurvedic & Naturopathic Medical Clinic, Dr. Nick Chen, Dr. Mark Gignac & Nurse Jessica of the Seattle Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center, Dr. Alexander Sytman of Seattle Cardiology, and Dr. Ruben Trujillo of the Bio-Medical Clinic in Tijuana, Mexico. Beth is my wife and the focus of my healing. And all of you are my healers.

Monday, November 07, 2005

Wow, I got to sleep fairly early last night, slept until 10 AM this morning, and still feel like I am on some sedatives. Maybe I can't beat this Monday fatigue and will just have to role with it. It was nice to get a full nights sleep, it had been several days since the last time. However, I would like to get back to working a few days a week and was looking forward to getting started today.

I learned today that a fellow coworker with ERI passed away over the weekend from lung cancer. I don't know all the details yet but I feel absolutely horrible for him and his family. I also feel bad for those in the company that worked close to him. I didn't know him personally, but I share something with him that makes me feel like a brother-in-arm. So when I was told today, I felt a little freaked out at first but now feel even more resolve to beat this for both him and myself. As I get more details, maybe I can share them in this blog but respect for him and his family comes first.

Later today I have an appointment with Dr. Sodhi. I will be seeing him weekly for at least the short term. I don't do much until I run it past Dr. Sodhi and get his opinion. I have put my trust and faith in his guidance. He admits he is not a cancer specialist, but he is committed to getting the answers I seek and he knows the experts to consult. Seeing Dr. Sodhi has a calming effect on me, I think it has a lot to do with empowering me to be the healer along side him. He can instruct me on want I need to do and give me the tools to do it with, but its entirely up to me to get it done. It begins with simply taking care of my self, getting the food and nutrition I need, getting the excersise, and getting in tune with my body via breathing and meditation. Beyond the herbs, meditation gives me direct communication with my body and the immune system so that I can orchestrate the healing. When I look at the statistics for cancer survival, I know I need more than just chemo and some expermental drugs. The drugs can't do it alone, the numbers will tell you. So I have to combine the tools and wisdom of Dr. Sodhi to enhance the chemo. So with that, I am off to meditate...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home