James vs Lung Cancer

This is the unfolding of my story on a non-smoker fighting lung cancer. My medical team consists of Dr. Virender Sodhi of the Ayurvedic & Naturopathic Medical Clinic, Dr. Nick Chen, Dr. Mark Gignac & Nurse Jessica of the Seattle Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center, Dr. Alexander Sytman of Seattle Cardiology, and Dr. Ruben Trujillo of the Bio-Medical Clinic in Tijuana, Mexico. Beth is my wife and the focus of my healing. And all of you are my healers.

Friday, December 23, 2005


Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas Everyone!

For all of you that sent Beth and I Christmas cards, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We decided we wouldn't put out the expense and time to put out cards this year so that we can stay focussed on the herbs, supplements, diet, doctors appointment, and everything else my health needs keep us busy with. Beth was also quite busy with Periwinkle Rose business and so we felt you would understand and that we would let this blog be out Christmas card to you all. So merry Christmas, happy holidays, and have a super new year!

I am writing this today since Beth and I will attempt to drive to California this afternoon. While down there, I don't see getting too much time to update the blog and quite honestly, I am not sure what kind of material to update it with. When we get back next week, Tuesday or Wednesday, I will fill you on how things went for me and anything else I can share. Again, I thank you for following along on my story and keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. Since starting this blog, I have felt good therapy come from it and really I know that value of that therapy is you reading it and sending me the love and energy through your thoughts and prayers. I can't say how blown away I am on the size and support of this community that has grown around me at my time of need. Part of me feels like I don't deserve it, but I know I do because you are here and you are real. For everyone of you, my optimism and determination to fight grows 10 fold. I have seen the ugliest of survival statistics but with your support, I don't see how these statistics apply to me, not even remotely. I feel like I have something more than what these statistic count for, that is your belief and support in me. We'll collectively will me to better health and I assure you I will not waste any bit of it. If it ever comes to where they say they can't do anything else for me, I will come home and keep on educating myself and keep on track with our healing process. I am fine with the hard work on my end, if I can't drink another cup of coffee or frosty microbeer, so be it. If I can't reach for those holiday candies or dip that oreo into a cold glass of milk, so be it. The details of life are far more sweeter than the occassional sensation on the palate. Take a look around you, for all the problems in this world, its still a beautiful and inspiring place to be. This living world has so much to offer, take time to see it and live it, its truly heaven on earth...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home