James vs Lung Cancer

This is the unfolding of my story on a non-smoker fighting lung cancer. My medical team consists of Dr. Virender Sodhi of the Ayurvedic & Naturopathic Medical Clinic, Dr. Nick Chen, Dr. Mark Gignac & Nurse Jessica of the Seattle Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center, Dr. Alexander Sytman of Seattle Cardiology, and Dr. Ruben Trujillo of the Bio-Medical Clinic in Tijuana, Mexico. Beth is my wife and the focus of my healing. And all of you are my healers.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Brothers in solidarity...

Today was a little different than most days at the office. In showing their support for me, my coworkers John McCorkle and Paul Webber doffed their hairdo's to showcase their cranial whiteness! I knew in advance they would be doing this so I had Beth clean up my chrome dome with the electric clippers before heading in. What I didn't know was that John and Paul were buzzing their scalps at the office!

In this picture, John is on the left of me and Paul is on the right. We used these small electric clippers Paul brought from home. Had I known this was to take place at work, I would have brought my fancy-dancy clippers I bought from Fred Meyer's. But as you can see, the small clippers did the job and provided a closer cut than my clippers.







As how all work goes at the office, we did this job as a team! Most of the time we were laughing all the way. In the meantime, Amanda took the photos. There were several photos demonstrating each stage of the cut for both John and Paul. It was fun to cut a bald spot on top, take a picture, take more off, take another picture, and finally a complete cut except for the side burns which look rediculous, and of course, take a picture!















Once we got started on Paul, I tried cutting my initials into the back of his head. I was a little off center from the start but I managed. After a little fun, we got back on track and took Paul's hair down to the skin. For Paul, it wasn't difficult at all, its as if his hair was begging to fall out.










Now I present to you, the 3 cue balls of the office.







Now you can see why I enjoy being at the office more than sitting at home. Of course, not every day is like this, we have our stresses from time to time. However, when you work day in and day out with the same people, you have to mix it up a little now and then. Note to company officers who might be reading, the hair cuts came during lunch time!

2 Comments:

  • At 1/12/2006 8:51 AM, Blogger Trena said…

    As usual I got choked up reading this entry. You are so blessed, brother. God has placed so many instrumental people in your life for such a time as this. He knew when you were born that you have to face this challenge and He has prepared the way for you. God is good all the time.

    It blesses me to see all the people who love you as I do. I feel a common bond with all of them. We love who you are, cherish our relationship with you and will rejoice with you with each victory!

    Trena

     
  • At 1/13/2006 3:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn Is Just To Love And Be Loved In Return. James, it is wonderfully apparent that you have realized this, and in doing so have great love and respect for yourself, and those around you. You are an inspiration.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home