James vs Lung Cancer

This is the unfolding of my story on a non-smoker fighting lung cancer. My medical team consists of Dr. Virender Sodhi of the Ayurvedic & Naturopathic Medical Clinic, Dr. Nick Chen, Dr. Mark Gignac & Nurse Jessica of the Seattle Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center, Dr. Alexander Sytman of Seattle Cardiology, and Dr. Ruben Trujillo of the Bio-Medical Clinic in Tijuana, Mexico. Beth is my wife and the focus of my healing. And all of you are my healers.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Inspired by Viv...

In the previous blog post, one of our closest family friends and a person whom I consider to be one of my spiritual advisers in my healing process left an inspiring comment. This comment I felt I wanted to share with the rest of you because of how good it makes me feel so I am posting it front and center:

I am glad you are doing your part, James, because you are the kind of person this world really needs right now. Hell, has ever needed for that matter. I want to confess that I have been afraid of your cancer. The truth is, I have worried that I did not know the right thing to say, that I would somehow let you down. I realized this morning that I was letting you down by allowing that FEAR (False Expectations Appearing Real) to penatrate my consciousness, to alter my confidence. Key Words: I WAS. I know better than that, but it is just an indicator of how important you are to me, to all of us. I will now repudiate any amount of fear that ring's my Spirit's doorbell, for any vacancy in my head, heart and soul is already filled by a new tenant... HOPE (Helping Others Percieve Enlightenment). As you know, I have my own challenges. I have even felt a little guilty about my own suffering, in comparison to your challenges. All that is over, as I remember not to forget, and do not forget to remember that which I know is true. You have already won two out of three, and you are just beginning. You have won the battle of the mind, and you have won the battle of the Spirit. Now all you have to do is win the body part, and everyone who knows anything knows that the mind and spirit tell the body what to do. They say "listen to your body". Bullshit. Make the body listen to you. We are not our bodies, so why should we allow our bodies to tell us what to do, to inform us of what is going on? No, the body gives us information, and we make the final decisons based upon ALL the information we have gathered. I believe in a limitless source of Truth and Healing. HEAL = Help Enlightenment Actualize Love
I will be hosting a Prayer Vigil for your healing every Sunday at my home, Spirit House, 6911 12Th Ave NE, Sea Wa 98115-6751, 7-9PM. Virtually anyone who wants to join in is welcome. In this backwards, dysfunctional, selfish, fear and superstition driven society where competition drives the marketplace of ideas, many people accept that the only winner is the person who crosses the finish line. That is more bullshit. It is in the beginning of the race that the winners are determined, because they believed in themselves. You have already won this thing, in my mind. What I have witnessed is your becoming MORE centered, MORE graceful, MORE courageous, MORE loving, MORE alive, despite the news, despite the odds, despite the cancer. You have already won. Now it is just the details that have to be worked out. I love you James. We are all in this together. Fear will come and go, but greater ramain eternal. We'll learn together through this, for there is nothing we cannot do, especially when we are not alone in it.
Your Brother,
Reverend Vivian William Mc Peak
I am both humbled in the heart and inspired to conquer a mountain. To read Viv's words gives me the strongest sense yet that I have chosen the correct healing path and that I have remained open to the lessons learned. There is not enough words to help me articulate how I feel right now, but know that the cancer is light years from me at this point. Its amazing how mere words can liberate one from what troubles them. Thank you Viv, I love you too and I deeply appreciate everything you have done for me and what you mean to many of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home