James vs Lung Cancer

This is the unfolding of my story on a non-smoker fighting lung cancer. My medical team consists of Dr. Virender Sodhi of the Ayurvedic & Naturopathic Medical Clinic, Dr. Nick Chen, Dr. Mark Gignac & Nurse Jessica of the Seattle Cancer Treatment and Wellness Center, Dr. Alexander Sytman of Seattle Cardiology, and Dr. Ruben Trujillo of the Bio-Medical Clinic in Tijuana, Mexico. Beth is my wife and the focus of my healing. And all of you are my healers.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Come Celebrate the Life of an Amazing Man


Friends-
I've finally gotten some details together and have a plan for James' memorial.

WHEN: Sunday, September 24th, 2006 1:00pm
WHERE: The Cedar River Watershed Education Center Auditorium in North Bend, WA
http://www.cedarriver.org/education/index.shtml
(This is about 45mins to 1hour from downtown Seattle)

This is an absolutely beautiful location that James would've loved. (Picture at right.) The Center overlooks Rattlesnake Lake, there's a creek that runs through the grounds and an amazing rain drum art installation you have to hear to believe.

I'd like us all to gather, we'll have some preset speakers who'll say a few words, and we'll all just remember this man who has touched all of our lives. I bet a lot of you would like to say something as well, so we'll also do a sort of "open mic" section so everyone can get their say. Coffee, tea and snacks will be served.

Please dress comfortably and wear good shoes. This is certainly not a formal event. There are plenty of trails and a partially paved/partially gravel 1.5 mile loop trail along part of the lake so if the weather cooperates, it would be nice for people to just stroll out in nature. If you're interested in a more serious hike, the trailhead to the John Wayne Pioneer Trail is very close by. I have a list of hikes in the area, so if you'd like more info please email me at beth1689@juno.com.

Directions: From I-90 heading EAST, take exit #32 (for 436th Street). Turn RIGHT at the bottom of this exit and follow this road about 3 miles all the way to the Center, which will be on your RIGHT. There are other campgrounds, state parks and trail heads to throw you off, but we'll have signs posted, so just stay on this road.

A note on parking: Parking is very limited at the Center. Please follow the signs past the Center to overflow parking. If that area is full, backtrack about a quarter mile to the parking at the Iron Horse State Park. PLEASE CARPOOL. The room holds 120, but there's only 50 parking spaces available to us. I can't stress it enough - PLEASE CARPOOL.

3 Comments:

  • At 8/26/2006 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beth this sounds like a beautiful places to celebrate James.
    We've been thinking of you often.
    With much love,
    Mary,John and Boys

     
  • At 9/18/2006 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beth, I wish I could be there but will be in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. I will save time on the 24th to remember James and the wonderful man he was. If you decide to have that second service in Calfiornia, please let me know so I can attend.

    Holly

     
  • At 9/23/2006 2:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beth,
    My sister, Allison, and I will be coming down on Sunday for the gathering for James' memorial. It sounds so lovely, and a beautiful way to remember him, together! If you need any help please e-mail me at eve@hemp.net! You are so loving to all of us, your friends!
    Love you,
    Eve

     

Post a Comment

<< Home