On my own terms...
So Beth and I did it, we took my hair down a little more farther. We went as short as the hair clippers would go, next stop is a shave. I will keep it at this level for a bit. If I get a bald spot or two, maybe I will shave. I have never had it this short before so this is something new. I certainly see days of easy management ahead and I can reduce that shampoo budget by a hundreth! I think I will get a santa's hat to help keep the noggin warm during the holidays and show some holiday cheer. I have my company Christmas party coming up and I think that will be a great time to try it out.
Beth didn't seem too thrilled about it at first but she knows its empowering to me to take my own hair on my own terms. And I have to say, it is empowering. It wasn't easy to see all that hair on my hands when I would wash it. Plus, I don't have to brush off the pillow each morning. So please feel free to let me know your thoughts in the comment section or by email.
I did get on the exercise bike and ride it during the halftime of the Seahawks game. There was no pain on the heart so I will ride it a bit longer tomorrow and build up for even longer in the future. I would like to eventually ride my mountain bike but I can't really risk wrecking for a bit. A skinned up knee can take much longer to heal nowadays and a broken bone could really set me back. If I am going to risk anything, it will be to hit the slopes. A wipe out in the snow could be much easier on me than road rash! But, the doctors want me to limit myself to walking and the exercise bike. Just to let you know the hell I am going through, I have my season pass to Snoqualmie Summit but can't use it. Whats a guy to do???
So Beth and I did it, we took my hair down a little more farther. We went as short as the hair clippers would go, next stop is a shave. I will keep it at this level for a bit. If I get a bald spot or two, maybe I will shave. I have never had it this short before so this is something new. I certainly see days of easy management ahead and I can reduce that shampoo budget by a hundreth! I think I will get a santa's hat to help keep the noggin warm during the holidays and show some holiday cheer. I have my company Christmas party coming up and I think that will be a great time to try it out.

Beth didn't seem too thrilled about it at first but she knows its empowering to me to take my own hair on my own terms. And I have to say, it is empowering. It wasn't easy to see all that hair on my hands when I would wash it. Plus, I don't have to brush off the pillow each morning. So please feel free to let me know your thoughts in the comment section or by email.
I did get on the exercise bike and ride it during the halftime of the Seahawks game. There was no pain on the heart so I will ride it a bit longer tomorrow and build up for even longer in the future. I would like to eventually ride my mountain bike but I can't really risk wrecking for a bit. A skinned up knee can take much longer to heal nowadays and a broken bone could really set me back. If I am going to risk anything, it will be to hit the slopes. A wipe out in the snow could be much easier on me than road rash! But, the doctors want me to limit myself to walking and the exercise bike. Just to let you know the hell I am going through, I have my season pass to Snoqualmie Summit but can't use it. Whats a guy to do???
1 Comments:
At 11/29/2005 12:15 AM,
Trena said…
As I said before, you are one handsome dude - hair or no hair!
Now you can wear some cool, funky hats without worrying about "hat hair!"
Post a Comment
<< Home